URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Best Valentine's yet

2.03.2011

Best Valentine's yet


We've a long history of handmaking Valentine's, and then somehow mucking up the delivery. (i.e. last year we made different ones for boys and girls, separated into bags - and Kenzie managed to give every single boy a girl one, and vice versa). So, this year...with two kids delivering, I decided to keep it simple. Last year, I'd earmarked this idea from Alicia... and am so pleased to have these done in early February (a benefit of two snow days in a row, thanksverymuch). They make the kids smile..and me too.

Simply take your photo, with kiddo's arm outstretched. Doctor it at picnik with words and simple embellishments. Cut slits above and below the hand and insert sucker. Done. & Done. Easy to deliver and very pleasing!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Relentless Toil said...

Oh, that's so great! Our school has a no-candy policy - a good thing - but it would've been so fun to do this.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

oh heck. I didn't think of that possibility. Since we've only been there a couple of months... THIS would be the kind of thing I'd learn after successful early completion of such goodies. I've got THAT kind of luck. ;)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Lopez Kilpatrick said...

Thank you for this great idea. I'm risking the possible candy ban, and totally doing it. I don't have a good photo printer, so I've ordered photo prints from Costco and we can start cutting out the hands tomorrow. Thanks for helping me be the cool mom!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Yay! & I've determine we're good to go over here. Thanking my lucky stars there aren't any policies against candy!

I'll be watching for NEXT YEARS idea. Do share if you see something uber-sweet!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home