URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Blooming

7.27.2007

Blooming



Kenzie likes to pick me flowers from our yard, which we put in a little bud vase inside the house. This random act of kindness, was the inspiration for these. I don't think this was my unique idea - but I can't remember a source, so I can't site it. :)




We created the blooms while recycling toilet paper tubes, glammed up in glitter paints. Tissue paper is stuffed inside the round center, and a bamboo skewer makes a nice stem. And these, won't wilt.


Directions, per requests:
This was one hour worth of solid entertainment for my daughter. I cheerleaded & surfed the web while she drowned her flowers in paint. :)

I used one toilet paper tube per flower.
Draw a ring 2" in from the edge of each tube. Repeat on other side.
Draw cut lines every 1/2 inch (so the kid knows where to cut, but reinforce that they have to stop at the center rings! This required a lot of impatient reminding on my part.)
Fold petals back, and you should have a flower with two layers of petals.
I tried to make each flower different by varying the cuts. :)



More parent/child collaborated art HERE

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

did you cut the toilet paper rolls in smaller sections? that's a really great idea, i'm sure my boys would love to do that too!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

omygosh!!! those are awesome!!! and the time you spend with your gal...priceless!

8:54 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Ah! Love it. So sweet and such a great recycling/craft idea. Glad to see you got your artsy mojo back. Hope this week is a great one!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a great project... and they came out so cute! Glad to hear your husband's work situation is no longer up in the air... job security is stressful to say the least!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute! And they don't need water!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home