URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Back in the crafty saddle...

12.16.2010

Back in the crafty saddle...

We've moved to a new house, to a new city, and we're loving every second of it. But, I've found that I'm very inspired to be creative again (not that it ever really waned, but I just lost the art of documenting it for awhile!) I've been making Christmas gifts like crazy and mid-stream thinking of how I'll photograph the complete project. I.e. I still "think" like a blogger.

And, I'm finding that it's very difficult to describe things over the phone to those friends who cheerlead my creative endeavors. As I was emailing photos of my latest project - it occurred to me:

I kind of miss having my crafty blog!

So, without further rambling about my absence, the why's, how's etc. I am loving these upcycled artworks I just finished. We have a large spare living space in the new house, which we have corralled the kiddo's toys in. My Mama graciously gifted us with the funds for a "Make-over" for the room. So, I assigned Kenzie as decorator and as result - we have an orange room with a chalkboard wall! We've got chairs and a table, storage.... all kinds of fun wild colored objects have been crammed in there. I've still got another few projects up my sleeve... but, I need a breather. I've been running full speed ahead on projects for a long while - and with the holidays pending... it's time to change gears.



These were all pieces of wall art that moved with us, but I couldn't find a spot for. So, with a little magazine paper, mod podge, paint, and a few little hands to help - I made three new Upcycled Wall Art pieces for the playroom.

The large piece is an old magnetic chalkboard. I left the center blank to hang Kenzie & Rylan's Masterpieces on. The words are a Dr. Seuss quote that I amended to fit the space I had to work with. I hope he doesn't mind. ;)
It says:
(starting at the top and reading clockwise) "You are you. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. Steer yourself any direction you choose."

I also made one that states the basic tenants of a good time ... Just as a reminder for all those little people making messes, er, I mean playing...in this room:

"Play hard, laugh loud, smile often, Be Kind!"

They kinda make me smile. They're loud and big and fit right in with my daughter's design scheme! And, I had great fun making them...although dinner tonight is still a mystery!!

So, I'm wondering if anyone is still subscribed to be my "friend" here? :) Do say hello.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course I'm still your friend!!! so happy to see a post here :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lopez Kilpatrick said...

Welcome back! If you don't mind me asking, how did it go with printing the kiddo blogs? I really need to do that to mine, but haven't found a program that makes it easy, and the blogspot options I found didn't work.

Heather K

9:48 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Blurb.com does a nice job. I did a test run of a portion of my daughters blog and it turned out well. I still need to do the rest. It's a daunting!! (& it wasn't very cheap) I have to say the program didn't play nicely with Mac's. I'd assume that they've worked that out by now, as I did my test about 7-ish months ago....but do be wary if you're a Mac user!

P.S. Hi friends! ;)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Relentless Toil said...

VERY happy to see you blogging again! I get at least glimpse of the play quilts you made for Maya (now age 6) each day and they always make me smile.
Keep the blog entries coming, whenever you've got the time.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm still here. Loyal forever. Like a dog, except I pee on the toilet.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Shena Leonard said...

cute!! (=

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home