URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: 2012 Class Auction Project

9.12.2012

2012 Class Auction Project

I accepted the assignment of creating my daughters 2nd grade class auction project last year. Almost a year later, I still love our project and need it stored somewhere for easy access. Now, when asked for photos and insights -- this will be easier to share than searching my photo archives and verbally rambling on about it...
To create this: The kids voted as a class on their favorite quote from options I provided. We ended up blending two quotes with the top votes - because they went so well together. I spent many hours at the top of a very tall ladder issuing instructions to wiggly kids down below (that didn't always recall which appendage might be right or left). My models loved the experience as much as I did though. My daughter is the letter "R," which required we creatively lengthen her left leg by sliding her boot down her foot a bit.
In art class, the kids created 6" x 6" art squares in patterns of their choice, with black sharpie outlining. I then cut these down to star shapes which I layered and layered upon themselves with other embellishments: wire, brads, circles, etc. to create the border. I printed all the photos on matte paper and cut around the little bodies/letters. The letters were stuck to a black matte board with scrapbooking glue dots. The kids signed the back of the frame and were so, so proud. As was I. At the auction, my husband got a little overzealous on driving the bids up. Accidentally, he bought it!! We ended up gifting it to my daughter's classroom and the kids loved that they could see it the remainder of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home