URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Reverse Nesting

7.02.2008

Reverse Nesting

The thing about not learning the sex of your baby until the birth (for me anyway) is that I feel no stress about getting the bedroom done. The stress comes for me when...the baby is here, I can see the personality & they are about to get themselves evicted from my bedroom if they can't stop waking me up every two hours at night.

he.he. Just kidding. Well, kind of..



I wish I still had Kenzie's enthusiasm for this whole box painting thing. I had a "system" built by a friend for Rylan's room. It's a bunch of boxes that can be reassembled in various formations... inspired from these but totally our own design. You can see just a few of them behind Kenzie in this photo.

The friend I commissioned the piece from did an amazing job and charged a smidge of what I thought he would for it. The problem?? Well, actually there are several:
1. I have to paint the thing. (2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, with two accent colors. Sealed with a poly-acrylic finish. Inside & out).
2. And, I've got perfectionistic obsessive compulsive tendencies.
3. And, I've also got two foul nappers who must be conspiring to NEVER sleep at the same time. I just get my paints out, make a mess and someone is waking up.

Rylan is going to be 19 before I get this thing painted. Which means he could still be sleeping in my room for as many years -as- I insist on having his room finalized before he finally moves in there.

Crazy. I know.
In hindsight, perhaps I should have made the husband do it while I was still pregnant. :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Wow, those are cool!

Maybe you should just go with an unfinished, raw look and tell people you did it on purpose...

7:54 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Love the box system! I have those perfectionistic tendencies too... sadly, it keeps me from even starting many needed projects!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

i can't wait to see all of this done!! we learned the sex of all of the kids. partly because i had an insane number of sonograms anyway, partly because i needed something else to obsess on. sigh. good lumck with the naping thing.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine are not napping at the same time either!

Are you using a mini roller? We tried a brush on our bookcases, and it drove me insane. The mini roller is awesome.

11:51 AM  
Blogger misschris said...

I've drooled over that system many a time. It will look very good when done... But I can imagine you're exhausted at the end of the day. Maybe you should invite some local friends over for a painting party. woooeee.

12:07 PM  
Blogger heather smith jones said...

i'm sure those cubes are going to look fantastic!
oh i like chris's idea, of a painting party!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

yikes...it's the same way when they get older too...mine never nap at the same time...it's frustrating...

i am totally lovin that he still has no hair...

me + bald headed babies = super smitten

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home