This post is for me....
This summer, I'm making a conscious effort to slow down. With my real job, my etsy shop, two kids, no preschool/childcare, etc. --> like many, I was starting to feel a bit suffocated by my task list. My goals for this summer:
*Kenzie and I are going to create with a gusto... and I WILL respond with glee when she asks to "get.the.paints.&.paint.on.a.sheet.of.wood.outside.RIGHT.NOW." Rylan will bring his drool. I figure we can thin the paint down with it. chuckle, chuckle.
* I'm excited to be discussing some tail shenanigans with one of my favorite (but too spendy for me) shops. I'm happy with my boutique and webstore offerings at this point, so I won't be considering any additional wholesale inquiries. (Hear that Self?? I'd better be listening.)
* I'm going to catch up Kenzie's blog , and begin Rylan's baby album. (Yep, I've fallen behind already, or more truthfully, I haven't even started..)
* I AM going to commit to some carpet for the house. ReAlLy!! I've been perusing carpet samples for months. The job isn't going to get any cheaper. And I just can't live with other people's dingy white grime left on this 16 year old carpet.
* Exercise. Baby blubber sucks.
* In tandem with the above - I'm in the mood to eat some seriously uncomplicated meals. Fresh, as raw as possible...& easy. That's my goal.
* Expand my flickr account to the Pro Version. So many photos get archived away without any purpose. Share some of those here. I feel like I can delete photos when they are recorded somewhere. (unless they are kiddo shots). I fear the day I have to weed through the gazillions of photos saved on an outdated hard drive.
* Finish my projects . If you're quick you can offer your favorite pillowcase memories by June 7, and maybe be included in the book too.
But, most of all. My goal for the summer is to keep it simple. I tend to complicate things. And that's just not necessary... so, if I'm a wee bit quiet, don't fret, I'm just concentrating on the simple stuff.
Labels: to-do list