URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: A pillow for my linen closet

6.22.2006

A pillow for my linen closet



My husband attended a concert last night, so rather than sitting on my bum watching the TV with him - I invested my evening in making some pillows. I chuckle at the notion of the "s" at the end of that former sentence. I made ONE. It took much longer than I anticipated. The Bird in the Hand's log cabin pillows are always gorgeous and I had visions of creating pillows as darling as hers. Hmnnnn.... that didn't so much happen.

I had a space in mind on a bench in my entry way, which connects to a red room, and a green room. I also have some giant red pottery in the entry way, that was the inspiration color. I thought I'd use colors to tie that all together. Don't know what happened but it doesn't work. at all. The red is too red, and the pillow is just too country.




I have another bench at the top of my staircase, which already has some brown tone pillows upon it. Doesn't work there either. The brown ones are a better solution.



Guess it will join the linen closet stash.

I have another project to add to my unachievable list, however. More pillows in a more suitable shade, of course. My daughter is 26 months old now and soon she will graduate to a "big girl room." I'm enthusiastic about decorating her room, but not so much about giving up the convenience of the cage (crib). I picked up a really cute head and footboard at a Church garage sale the other day. It'll be painted white to match the other bedroom furniture. I have been envisioning bedding options and suddenly remembered that I have this quilt topper in really fun colors. The primary color is a terra cotta color, and then every other color in the rainbow makes an appearance as well.



It was gifted to me by a relative, and is unfinished with no backing. I believe I will tackle backing it with a cotton fabric and machine quilting it in red stitching. The wall color possibilities are endless, but I think I might go with a red or a blue, which will darken the room and make it very sleepy and comfy indeed. It's a complicated quilt, and has been stitched by hand. It's quite amazing in quality and precision. I tend to get a little impatient with projects that require a timely investment, so I hope I can do it justice in turning it into a finished piece. I picture it folded at the foot of Kenzie's big girl bed, a top a solid color bedspread.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home