URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Countdown

2.15.2008

Countdown

I just came to make this post and noticed that somehow I inadvertently forgot to publish my last one. Someone get this baby out of me NOW. It's clearly draining every last brain cell I've got. I've lost my wallet TWICE in the past week. Both times I've discovered the loss at the post office, so my friendly postal workers have to think I'm completely nuts. I even r.s.v.p.'d two days after the deadline for Kenzie's classmate's birthday party.

Speaking of.... it's fascinating to me that our little gift was found extremely impressive. Apparently, no one had ever thought to wrap a gift like this. Seriously??
They are either totally non-creative's...or really good liars.


I photographed this for a triptych set, but the cropping action ruined all my shots. :(

We've got 12 days left in the final countdown! Eeek!! 12 days until we become a family of four. And yet, even though it's simple math and clearly a topic much on my mind -- every time someone asks I have to re-do the Math in my head...
February 27th minus the 15th = 12 days!!! Aye. Aye. aye.
I don't remember being this "dumb" with Kenzie.

I'm pretty uncomfortable. My left ankle has started swelling. (Huh???)
Kenzie has just moved back into her orange & hardwood heaven . So, the nursery is now free from her furniture and ready for decorating. I really want to hang the pictures in the nursery but I need find a dresser and commit to furniture placement before doing so. And, I'm tired of looking for a dresser that's adorable, yet fitting of either sex. I'm thinking I'll (maybe) wait? The nesting never stops though and I have many projects to complete, of course. I've made a fair amount of baby gear in the past few weeks (nursing covers, burpies, bibs) but I figure those pictures might be best shared when a babe is here to model them. :) I also can't wait for the babe to model THIS from Beki!!

I also just had a good giggle at the first photos that have popped up of the traveling tail. It seems little Bridget gave it some twirling action at House #1. Cute stuff!

Happy weekending...

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

dude. i figured you'd have that baby by now. geesh.

and OMG, you're having it on aaron's birthday. i really hope it doesn't develop hording issues.

(you know that's a joke, right? i'm sure your sweet baby will not horde newspapers, kay?)

oh, and darwin totally needs a dinosaur tale. he kept shoving tess's daughter's jump rope down his pants yesterday. gah.

5:30 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I love this idea. I need to try it at home.

I hear that about our wrapped gifts all the time. Most people admit they don't have the time, inclination, or can't give a gift that isn't "perfectly" wrapped. Totally weird from our point of view, eh?

Thinking happy baby thoughts... LA

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Holy Crap. 12 days. Yowzers.

The bitter end girlfriend! I'm so excited for you!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so close! Does it even seem real yet? My sister is due with her 2nd on the 27th, too!

We keep talking about how it doesn't seem real (although, I am just an outsider looking in, I know this!).

best wishes,
Sylvia C.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Kylie said...

To the wonder Mum -

thinking of you and sending best wishes. Can't wait to see what you create for your new little one.

From a c0-wonder Mum (LOL)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

10 days now! I can't wait to hear about the arrival. I truly am excited for you. K's room looks great! Enjoy the last week as a family of three. As soon as the baby arrives you will think four feels so right you'll ask yourself "why didn't we do this sooner??". Sending good vibes your way.
Sam

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good vibes your way!!

PS - Did you see the tutus hanging on the hook behind Bridget? Although she loved the tail, she still prefers the tutus!

I think my writing assignments zapped every ounce of creative energy I had, so I let Bridget decide what she would do with the tail. Twirl around it was!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

12 days! ack! my brain cells decreased with every kid. holy cow. and that kimono from beki? stupid cute.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love Kenzie's new room... looking forward to hearing baby news!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Stacy, found your blog while trying to regain some sanity after being stuck inside with sick kids (flu). We recently had our 3rd child. I found that, even after a 3rd child, pregnancy itself was more draining than having a newborn. After all, 2-hours of quality sleep is still better than 6 hours of miserable sleep. Anyway, just stopping by to say, things look great on your blog(s). I wish you the best of luck with your family and your mommy-brain. When I was pregnant this past time I lost my wallet, locked myself out of the house & lost my keys in Costco for 5 hours! I'd like to say your brains come back after pregnancy-- but, it takes a while. If you're curious about this long winded stranger leaving comments on your blog- my blog is http://ourmdfamily.blogspot.com

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you doin? Just 5 more days! Hang in there! I'm thinking of you!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home