7 weird things
I'm bored now that I've taken a hiatus from making tails and tutus at such a frenetic pace. To entertain myself, I've taken the liberty of sharing 7 weird things about me. I enjoy reading these about other people, and it gives me something blog-able..when I've got nothing else to share. :)
1) I was born during a tornado. In a linen closet.
2) In my teens, I was the last person three people talked to - who a short while later, committed suicide. All were separate incidents. One of them intended to take me with him, but I escaped on foot to where his car couldn't drive. He left a note stating his intentions.
And yes, all that drama has a wee bit to do with why I have a Master's in Counseling today.
3) I used to be a contract worker for Missouri Division of Family Services (DFS). While doing intensive in-home counseling with at-risk families: I had the bad timing to be in middle of a session and.. present for a drug bust. I worked with a family who purposefully overfed their kid, one who taught fire safety by burning their child, another who purposefully lead poisoned their kids, another who "hoarded" trash & whose walls were literally pulsing with cockroaches. (to name a few of my most heinous cases). I worked in rough 'hoods a lot & also heard gun shots frequently. I resigned from this job to move to California, but on my very last case & on Thanksgiving Day: I got a page from a mentally challenged youth who said his dad was beating him. Upon reaching the home to stabilize the crisis at 10:30 p.m. (yes, that was my job. FUN, eh??) the child was injured & so fearful that I grabbed him at the door and removed him promptly from the premises. (um...that wasn't part of my job). Turns out, according to the police, his dad was waiting in his bedroom for my entrance into the apartment. With a shotgun.
(okay, enough with the dramatic life threatening oddities, eh? Fortunately, that's all I got.)
4) The photo kinda shows what happened to me while pregnant (so far). The fact that my body can do this strikes me as supremely weird. But, I'm so thankful.
Overview at 12 weeks as compared to 36 weeks.
5) I can't remember the last time I took any type of medicine & I have an extremely high pain tolerance. I really wanted to try natural childbirth with Kenzie.. I'm SO not claiming that I could take the pain, but find it ironic that I won't ever find out if I could. Now watch...this time I'll actually need some pain meds during the C-section recovery. :)
6.)Beating dead horses is my expertise. I will research the cr*p out stuff, and in the end go with my gut feeling. Currently making me crazy: Bisphenol A .
7. I hate to wear shoes … so unless it’s absolutely necessary, I don’t. When I have to wear them, I go for flip-flops. I wear clogs mostly in the winter time, but it's been weeks since I've worn a pair of socks. I retrieved my paper this morning (after the snow had melted)... barefoot.