URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Priorities

2.23.2007

Priorities

Priorities are a juggle around here. I often avoid posting to this site, when I don't have any pictures to share. I also often reserve photos of my daughter for her own site, Kenzie's Doodles , but we've been seeing a lot of this lately. Kenzie seems to think she's a dog. A LOT. Hmnn... Doggies don't talk as much as Kenzie does. But, they do weird things like lick people.



I had a nice lovely lazy day with a gal pal yesterday. We did lunch and hung out at my house all day, letting the kids run around like baboons. I'm expecting to be rewarded with a nice long nap today - as Kenzie didn't take one yesterday. Speaking of naps: I am redoing a corner desk for her room, a project which is being crammed into the naptimes this past week. We are also enjoying really sunny warm (haha. 50-60ish degrees warm anyway) days outside, taking long nature walks, playing with the kids in the 'hood, etc.

Suddenly, I've had another surge in tutu business. My Etsy shop has been depleted of tutus, boutiques want more, AND I've just got a custom order for one with off-white tulle and a champagne sash. To debut in a WEDDING. On the flower girl. How cute is that??

We'll also be taking Kelli's lead and practicing Calculated Acts of Kindness. I don't know if I'll be able to post our accomplishments with any consistency, but I think it's a valuable thing to do with the Kenzie-girl. We've got lots of ideas all based in simple generosities. Some will be artistic, some will be just thoughtful gestures, all will be based in the sentiment of teaching my young daughter universal grace, kindness and goodwill.



The point is (in Kelli's words): to plan good acts during the next 40 days and to do so with a “pay it forward” attitude. By simply starting with the little things — holding open a door for a stranger, helping a neighbor with their trash cans, complimenting the woman who makes your coffee every morning — we can make our world better.

One person at a time, we are conducting a campaign of calculated acts of kindness.
Won’t you join us?

Anyway - I'll juggling things around here. The house is nice and clean from a manic spring-cleaning binge. Packages are ready to ship. Corner desks are half done. And, we've got mandatory items on the to-do list. Just in time for a weekend....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't resist that tutu pun, huh?

My son went through a puppy thing too. He would pant when he was excited and bark at poeple. :)

Hope there's no outdoor stuff on your list. Colder and rainy. Hhhmmpht.

1:29 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Good luck!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

love the clculated acts of indness thing! how cool is that? we spent the day in kc yesterday! love the old stomping ground!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home