URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: For optimal viewing pleasure...

1.30.2007

For optimal viewing pleasure...


...please stand 10 feet away from this artwork.

I'm soooooo happy with this idea, I could just lick it! It's another modern-ish creation, but will fit in so nicely in the space I envisioned it for. (it's gonna take two to hang it, so it's just hanging out by this wall for now!)

As I mentioned some time ago, I was looking for pics of words and letters to spell out my last name, and create an art wall full of cool sayings. This is the bottom half of the montage I did of our name. Of course, in effort to preserve some level of anonymity, I'm not going to show the whole thing (although those of you who email with me, can probably solve the rest of the last-name-puzzle!!) All the letters are in different shades of red, but each is very different. The color ties in nicely with my great room colors.

It looks SO COOL. Aside from the fact that after visiting Hobby Lobby today and finding the professional framers on lunch - I decided that just..maybe..I could tackle the matting and framing myself. Therefore, aside from the fact that it looks like a MONKEY may have cut the mat - it looks freaking great!!! I'm trying to convince my perfectionist self - that unless you get close, you'll never notice the mat imperfections. {But, I'll bet that folks will get close admiring how utterly cool it is - and therefore, I'll probably take it in and have those professional folks cut me a new mat!}

It also appears that the same monkey painted my mop boards, although I assure you that was berfore my (er, I mean the monkey's) time in this house!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Looks great Stacey !!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Looks great Mrs _ _ _KEL!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger beki said...

That looks so great!

8:33 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

It is coming out really, really nice!

4:06 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

I think it looks good! Did you get a matt-cutter? Those things are kind of hard to master.

5:29 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Stacey! I love this. So creative and fun!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home