URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Flailing about a bit...

1.09.2007

Flailing about a bit...

I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting back into the creative swing. During our Christmas and Advent preparations, I spent every spare second with those tasks and blogging them on my daughter's (lifebook) blog. Let me tell ya, that drained every last creative juice I had. Well, that...and my part-time day job...parenting full-time... painting a bunch of rooms (while my husband was on vacation to help!)...shopping...decorating...holidays, etc. Ah, what am I whining about? It was a great, great family time. We should all be so lucky as to have a wonderful life that fills us up so much that we have no time to be creative.

Today, however, I've finally pulled out some fabric and started cutting. It felt good. Really good! I've got nothing to show for it..but hey, it was refreshing!

I've also got another flattering negotiation going on. My tutus will be traveling to Santa Monica soon to be offered in a store by the beach. Darn it, if I can't live by the beach any longer - at least the stuff I make can!! Can't wait to get it all squared away and solid, and then I'll share more. It's amazing to me how these things just keep finding little 'ole me. I've still got an interview with a boutique to prepare for as well. Let the creativity overwhelm me... {please}.



Picked this up at Old School Acres . The Statcounter Fairy tells me you're there & I could use a little cheerleading....

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm always slow to get started, too, but once I get started I don't want to stop! LOL YAY on the tutus! I look forward to hearing more about it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and delurking. I'm honored to have you as a reader :)

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so exciting about the tutus! I've done nothing creative lately either... mind you it's darn hot here at the moment 38-40C (100-104 in your language) so sewing etc. doesn't have the same appeal. Look forward to more news. andi

4:50 AM  
Blogger beki said...

I'm so excited for you!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The holidays took it out of me, too! I'm enjoying the quiet.

Congrats about the Santa Monica shop!

2:37 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

WOW! That is so great. Many congrats on the beach/tutu deal!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home