URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Re-constructed Clothing

10.22.2006

Re-constructed Clothing

Did I need to? Nope. Did I do it anyway? Duh.

I was sorting through some clothes of mine. Ahem, they were the wrong size, but good fabrics. Had all kinds of crazy visions for what I can do with the fabric, and somehow went into a manic sewing frenzy over the past two nap-times. Now, the gal has two new skirts.

One, is a skirt bottom of mine, that I liked - except for the way that it's been too snug on my hips since the baby making days. I cut the bottom off a skirt, sewed in a new elastic band. And four minutes later - poof! A new skirt for the toddler girl. It's not my favorite of the two new ones though, and it's actually in the gal's closet - who is napping now. So, no pics available. It could have been much cuter, had I given it a bit more than four minutes of time. But such an instant gratification project.

But, this one is really cute! I used Lyn, of Mollychicken's idea for using up leftover bits of material, and I made a piecy front to it. Then, I dismantled another of MY skirts (that I had actually constructed from a too tight pair of jeans a few years ago right after Kenzie was born!) and cut away bits of the jean material to form the skirt. I made this:

The front:


Lots of raw edges here, so I tossed it in the dryer to encourage the fraying and Voila!!! It's a frayed mess and I love it.

The back:


Close-up of the pieced bits of scrap materials, which I mindlessly sewed into place:


Can't wait to toss it on the toddler and strut her about. Excuse the photos. It's a lousy overcast day, and as aforementioned, no live models were awake!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Nette said...

Oh, how cute!!!!

4:13 AM  
Blogger beki said...

How very cute! And that woman at the library - a total idiot. Don't let her bother you.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home