URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Nursery Progress

8.13.2008

Nursery Progress



...we interrupt the little bits of nonsense which have been monopolizing this artsy-crafty blog to bring you a little project in it's completed state.

I ordered letters from the greatest letter designer ever. I chose the font, and they designed them to match. This is my second set, the first being these for Kenzie Doodles room.


The letters are blue and the sides are green. I layered some paper strips along the bottoms to funky them up a bit.

Rylan's room started out as just a gender neutral yellow, decorated in bird themes. Then the little critter was born and turned out to be of the boy variety - and the husband proclaimed that we must "testosterone up" the room a bit. So...we're adding in some blue's and more green, and some soccer stuff. It's still not done, but we're making some steady progress now. You might remember these???



The boxes now have a presence in the room, but are doorless. My nemesis project continues to pain me as we had to send the doors back for a re-cut after they didn't fit. Opening...is important, after all. Perhaps I added too many damn layers of paint?? Anyway, we are in hopes they'll be returned ready to hang in the next few days or so.

And, once they are.. we'll settle them in their positions, formally hang the artwork, and hope it meets the testosterone level my husband felt it deserved.

Perhaps I'll even offer a little nursery tour when we realize the accomplishment.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger misschris said...

Your storage boxes are my bathroom cabinet vanity and curtains. I hear you, loud and clear. But the name? That is darling. Just the right touch of testosterone.

7:50 AM  
Blogger beki said...

I hope you do give us a tour, I'd love to see it!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

That's my 2 y.o.'s name too! So, of course I LOVE it, hehe.
Cute letters.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love the letters and can't wait to see the rest! Good work!

4:13 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Ahh.. Stacy!! LOVE what you did with these. And yes - nursery tour please! :)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home