URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Yawn.

5.02.2008

Yawn.

Just a shout out to all my fellow (& tired) Midwesterners. You OK???
We're fine, of course. But, if I wasn't nursing the babe last night, I was being jarred awake by tornado sirens.



This is the scene I spent a great deal of time looking at last night...desperately wishing we had finished the basement.

As I headed down to there that first time last night, I collected a few "can't live without it items." I found myself carrying the baby, my daughter's "pooh" (security blanket), my camera, and the Mac. Only after we got downstairs did I notice my husband had only carried down a few flashlights (good thinking) & -- get this -- a beer.

So, in summary: if a tornado had taken our home, at least my husband would have had a good buzz, my daughter could sleep, & I could blog about it.

Clearly, we need to work on our disaster plan???

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMFAO! This is totally us. Except last time it happened I did remember an extra diaper for the baby.

12:30 PM  
Blogger misschris said...

heh. I brought my camera down, too. Not the notebook, though. You're a special step ahead of me there. And we keep all the beer in our finished basement... so I guess by your hubs' standards, we're all set. ;)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

that sounds about right for our house!!! glad my hubby wouldn't be the only one with a buzz. we fared alright over here too. just not my flowers so much.

4:57 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Yikes! I was thinking about all y'all when I saw the storms on the news. Hurricanes I can deal with, but tornados? No way!!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home