URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Amelia

5.08.2008

Amelia

This silly blog of mine is taking a serious stand today. Look at me complaining about a common illness and the effects it took on a single day (yesterday). While, some friends of ours have a wee little gal, Amelia , who's struggling with a serious disease called Diamond Blackfan Anemia (DBA). Please take a few moments to watch the video below. It's hard to watch the video and not envision your own children in Amelia's shoes.


For the last 10 weeks, Amelia's daddy has been training for the Hospital Hill Half-Marathon coming up on June 7th. So many charitable causes have organized races, runs, walks, etc… but because DBA is so rare, there is nothing out there like that for them. It’s up to the individual families to do their own fund raising events.

Please consider making a donation in Amelia's honor. A check can be made out to the Diamond Blackfan Anemia Foundation and mailed to the following address:

7769 Rosehill Road
Lenexa, KS 66216

The DBAF will mail you a receipt of your donation for tax purposes. Thanks in advance for any donation, big or small. It will make race day that much more inspirational for our friends - who can’t think of a better way to honor Amelia (just five days before her 4th birthday). Your dollars will aid a foundation committed to improving Amelia’s quality life and ultimately curing her of this disease!

3 Comments:

Blogger Java Mama said...

Thanks for the info Stacy. I was just thinking about this kind of stuff today. As an adult with children I am no longer afraid of death, but I am so afraid of suffering (specifically, children suffering). It is terrible to see little ones going through such rough stuff.
On a fluffy note, I really like the new banner. Glad Kenzie's sick day turned out to be not-so-sick!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a trooper she is! It breaks my heart to think of a little one, not much older than Bridget, having to endure living with a rare disease. Thanks for helping to bring it to light.

I'll certainly see what I can manage, because I'm sure every little bit helps. . .

9:54 AM  
Blogger misschris said...

(((in a puddle of tears)))

Thanks for the link. Stacy, you know this gets me ... breaks my heart. xo

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home