URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Maybe you've heard??

12.12.2007

Maybe you've heard??

..all the Midwestern bloggers whining about the ice?? Yep. I bet that's getting old.
However, I've been itching to take some pictures of our frozen tundra (too) and finally made it out tonight...



I think my neighbors were laughing at the fatty pregnant girl tromping around in her frozen front yard taking pictures. Especially when I almost fell - twice. You know, the kind of near fall where you're standing there waving your arms like a maniac to keep from falling...

I dunno which is dumber?
...Walking on ice - when terribly pregnant??
...or when holding an expensive camera in your hand??

___________
As you might have guessed given the psychedelic holiday light color scheme - our 3 year old played a big part in embellishing the out-of-doors this year. :)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Ha! That totally made me laugh! I almost slipped today too, but not preggo or with my camera. Alas, you won.

But you got fun pictures, so it's all worth it.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I did that "waving arm, maniac thing," the other day at the mailbox! Too funny!

Hope you were able to solve your Christmas card trouble... it's a great photo!

7:52 AM  
Blogger amy h said...

You be careful out there! No falling down while pregnant! :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Shena Leonard said...

FUNNY!! I can picture it - and being a terrible klutz it didn't even take ice to land me flat on my butt in Byerly's when I was pregnant. embarassing...

I like your Chrismtas card - too bad it didn't print. )= The Kenzie one is cute too - if you want to plop her in a snowglobe let me know, I have the Photoshop file I used still in layers and you could drop her in there. It is set for 5x7 exactly - adn I ordered the design your own 5x7 cards with envelopes from Shutterfly.

Have a fun night!
Shena (=

9:35 PM  
Blogger misschris said...

The waving arm maniac balance thing is kind of the winter version of 'waving arm maniac - cutting through cobwebs' thing we do in the summer on the dock at the lake. Or am I the only one who does that? Anyway, be careful out there!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kristen Borland said...

ooooo, pretty!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

Love the photos and I am sure that it was worth giving the neighbors something to look at - I hope that they would have come to your rescue if you had fallen in a heap in the snow!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

don't fall in the snow this weekend! can't wait to see you in a few weeks at alicias! lovely pics! happy holidays!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home