URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Ornamentz Photo Challenge

12.01.2007

Ornamentz Photo Challenge



I feel as if I've been busy running myself in circles. My shop and especially custom orders went CrAzY after my last post. My part time job was demanding some significant hours...my kid was well, ahem, just demanding.... And, this pregnancy continues to pass at an alarmingly quick rate. These are all good things, but I lost motive and time for blogging.



Things have calmed down a bit recently, and I'm playing catch-up in all aspects of my life. It's December 3 and although I've got the house fully glammed up for Christmas and the majority of our Christmas gifts purchased - I was slow on getting our 2007 Advent festivities in order. I just finished that up yesterday!



I really enjoy one of our advent activities which is a family photo in a glass ornament. I find it extremely challenging to take the camera away from my face and still hit the target - so it involves some practice (for me). Especially since my family members aren't the most patient of models. I get a few tries and then the game seems to be over. The shot also makes for really great and unique Christmas card photographs!! (albeit, only when I get around to actually sending Xmas cards!)

So, today, I set about playing around with the ornament I thought I might use, taking some snaps in different rooms due to the light supply. My daughter had her digital camera and was mimicking my every step. The distortions can be hilarious - and I started getting caught up in what my pregnant belly looked like in the shots. Suddenly, Kenzie reached up and was patting & kissing my tummy and being immensely sweet. I managed to steal a few shots of that, and then forced her into some staged yet similar shots.



As I was loading these, and not feeling like I did a great job on any of them - it occurred to me that this would be a really fun Christmas Photography Challenge! So, here's announcing my Ornamentz Photo Challenge.

If you'd like to join my shenanigans there are a few simple rules:

1. The photo subject must be contained within a Christmas Ornament or reflective holiday decoration of some type.
2. There must be at least one person/animal in the shot. It can be a self portrait - or it can be a family. It can be your pet family.
3. It must be submitted by Jan. 1, since you'd better be putting your Christmas stuff away by then! :)




Leave me a comment if you're interested in playing. I'll open a Flickr Group later today or tomorrow, if there seems to be enough interest to justify it. I'll determine a contest winner following the New Year. And, I'll even send them a prize.

Wanna play??

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Alicia A. said...

Hello, tummy.

Absolutely, I'll play.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

oh i think i want to play!!

i love those shots especially of your belly...those are AWESOME!!!

now here is to hoping i can get creative for mine!! eek

3:44 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yea! A tummy shot!

I'll totally play!

5:00 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i'm so totally getting a silver globe and doing this with the boys (and putting it in the christmas cards -- you wouldn't mind, would you?).

5:01 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

ps. i wanna come over and rub lotion on your belly.

not in a scary-stalker way, in a nice i'm-takin'-care-of-my-friend way.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Any tips on how to take a photo that doesn't suck? My flash ruins the shot. No flash? Only with natural light?
I am so not good at photography.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

that is super cool! i love it! and how did you get sucha belly! where did that time go! i'll play!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Glad to hear all is well... I love your Advent activity ideas and the family photo in a Christmas ornament is so creative! Getting that family Christmas photo always stresses me out!

7:46 AM  
Blogger misschris said...

Ok, I'll bite. But I am awful at this sort of thing. Hence, 'challenge' is the perfect word. Cute prego tumminess, too. :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

oh i am loving those tummy shots!!!!

i'd love to play, but i feel like i am going crazy myself with christmas stuff. but maybe i can get at least one shot!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Shena Leonard said...

such a fun idea - we're going to see what we can come up with. (= Now I just have to find a cool silver ornament...
Shena (=

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

Oh look at that tummy - are you going to make it to Christmas - when are you actually due Stacey. Regards Kylie

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home