I've been playing with the Picnik website like a good beta tester and am just loving some of the new toys. This is one of the only non-project photos I have posted at flickr (and therefore is quite easy to find) so I used it to test drive some of Picnik's new tools:
I converted the color photo into a Polaroid and then I "painted" it into black and white... everywhere except for the colorful buttons.
This photo of Kenzie playing with buttons, gets a lot of interest at flickr. People take the time to comment (and even flickr mail me) very detailed stories about the memories that this picture elicits for them. I, too, remember sifting through my mothers buttons as a young gal. (Sadly, my Mom mailed her entire vintage button and sewing goods stash to me while we lived in San Diego .but. IT NEVER ARRIVED!!! I still cannot fathom where that ended up).
The photo above was also taken in San Diego. Kenzie is sitting on the floor in our office, which leads me to assume I gave her these buttons to sort while I did a bit 'o work. On days where our nanny did not come - I had to rely on choking hazards for entertainment!
Things I am working on now:
1. skirts. I've found that handmade skirts are easy to manipulate around my new bulge(s). And, people keep telling me that they are cute. So, I'm on a skirt making binge. :)
2. nesting. Actually, it's my husband who seems to be nesting, but I'm happy to go along for the ride. But, it continues to be a tangential thing for us. We accomplish a project which causes us to envision another, and on..and on...and on... As result we also have some major spare furniture and I need to get organized for a garage sale soon or contribute to Freecycle. Hmmnn. Anyone in my area using Freecycle? I love it, but I'm always 2.5 minutes too late on the good junk!
3. art. That basket I mentioned a couple posts ago... is really cool as a spiral. I'm going to make it enormous and turn it into wall art. I'm actually thinking about polka dotting an entry way wall (that's probably 25' tall!) with a trail of several different sized dots. But, man....those suckers take a long while to make.
4. guest blogging. For our local paper. If it actually happens & I write anything clever, I'll be sure to link to it.
5. tutus. yup, I still make them. Would you believe that those of us who voted for the black one... were right? Black tutus are selling like cRaZy!! I desperately want to make something OTHER than tutus. I need to make that happen soon...
Of course all these little projects seem to be moving at a snail's pace as I also tackle work, motherhood, babymaking, household chores, reading, etc. Life is full and busy. We're going camping with a handful of other couples this Fri-Sunday. I can't wait to escape into a primitive campsite by the lake... The only thing I might complain about is having to leave the tent to empty my seemingly pea sized bladder a zillion times each night!!