URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Cheap Cute

8.22.2007

Cheap Cute


My husband is a good find. He shops in the little girls section. He brings stuff home and says "I thought you could embellish it." Love him!

Here's what was originally a $4 PLAIN jean skirt he snatched from the Target clearance rack.
I did what he asked.



I just adore this red & white fabric. It's wild and spirited. I snipped bits of the subject matter out and fused them to the skirt. I then added some red, blue, pink, yellow, green & orange embroidered stitches. This was a great project to tote around with me, while my gal entertained herself with mud cupcakes outside. Oh & in front of the TV, while my husband watched something football related. Sigh.

The outcome isn't painfully girly. I like that.

My favorite part of the scene:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Ack! Could your husband give mine some pointers?
That skirt is too cute!

1:49 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

Very cute! I can't imagine my husband picking up a bargain skirt in a million years. :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

WAAAAAAAY cute!

5:48 PM  
Blogger mushroommeadows said...

You have a great husband; I love what you did to the skirt. Very cute!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home