URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Another Copycat Craft

8.29.2007

Another Copycat Craft



I've been making these little clips for my daughter's wild, wild bangs. I haven't been able to find store bought clip/barrettes that will actually stay in her super-duper-fine hair. So, I made my own.

The idea is not uniquely mine, of course. I saw something similar on a small tyke wandering about the city and withheld myself from wrenching it off her head to inspect its construction. Thank gosh for impulse control. It's not good to be a stranger acting strangely, eh??

The clips are a fun and instant gratification project.... A quick and mindless construction, good for hours in front of the television or sitting outdoors sweating while the kiddo plays. They are easy enough to replace when lost....or, uh...covered in worm gunk or mud. (did you see her fingers in that picture??)

P.S. Thanks for the baby-making well wishes. I've enjoyed the cheerleading and even the "i knew its." :)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those! If only Bridget would wear clips :-(

4:48 PM  
Blogger Relentless Toil said...

I've seen these too, and think they are so wonderful.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

love the clips and you could have totally yanked the barrett out the kids'hair and chalked it up to pregnancy hormones...hee hee!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally cute!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

I saw a tutorial to make these on some blog not so long ago. I didn't save it so I may never find it again. I think they are really cute. Kenzie wears them well!

Hope you are feeling great.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

So cute... are they made out of felt?

10:00 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Heidi is right. You can get away with a lot right now cuz you can blame it on being preggers. Use it while you can!

These are adorable. Love your coloring pages idea, too.

Cheers! LA

7:03 PM  
Blogger Granola said...

So sweet! I think I'll see if I can figure out how to make some and put them in my nieces stockings for Christmas. Thanks!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home