URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: My New Pretty...

8.30.2007

My New Pretty...

I am definitely a necklace girl. Many days I'll accidentally walk out of the house without my wedding ring, but I rarely forget a necklace. I think of myself as a bit of a collector...and I really enjoy it when my friends say "You're wearing another cool necklace! Tell us how you know the artist behind this one..." I think that's why they are so special to me. I don't have any generic pieces. They are all one of a kinds, hand selected from artists I admire. And, each has a pretty cool story attached about the artist, that I'm thrilled to "know" {and shamelessly plug!!}




The above photo is my newest neck decoration made by of Lisa Leanord Designs.


Lisa has a blog where I watch her designs unfold, as well as enjoy the tales about her little boys. I love the simple classiness of her creations. The style lends itself so very well to imprinted children's names, inspirational words, blog names!, etc. And, her pieces are terribly affordable. I'd added her work to my wistlist not long ago, and still have her earmarked for "the perfect gift."

My piece says "Doodle," which is my daughters nickname. (I'm sorry, I know I repeat that a lot...but I just assume that no one really cares to remember :) Obviously, the gals nickname has also attached itself to my blog(s)and it has more than a singular meaning for me. I also have some well-loved "mommy" jewelry pieces already.. and wanted this one to be different. So, now I'm sporting her nickname too.

It is my hope that my necklaces bring a touch of glamour to my pregnant-mama-transitional-stage-uniform of gaucho pants and too tight in the tum-tum tank tops. ...At least it gives me the impression that it does. And, that's just the boost I needed. :)

**The infamous "Doodle" herself helped with the photography today, which ended up in way more pictures than I anticipated. That girl sure knows how to style a photo!! :)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Leonard said...

amazing photos. you are such a sweetie!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely cool! I am off to visit her blog now :-)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

so jealous! i love that necklace!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Love the necklace... and the photos of it are great too!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kristen Borland said...

yea for lisa jewelry! lisa is a sweet friend of mine, and i love to collect her pieces! isn't she talented?! and a truly wonderful person as well!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

I like the fact that you "collect" necklaces! What a great hobby! Camping in California is the best!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Fernanda said...

Hi Stacy,
it's beautiful your necklace! I have been to Lisa's already and felt in love with a particular necklace there, if only Customs didn't exist :(!
Have a nice weekend!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Shena Leonard said...

Hi -
I read your blog all the time and I never have the time to comment. (= First of all, CONGRATS on the baby on the way! Do you know if it is a boy or girl?

Your necklace is so cute - adn I love the nickname "Doodle" Is she excited about the baby? How old is she now? Riley was 3 1/2 when cabot was born and he was at teh age to be a good little helper. (=

Lastly, I never wear my wedding ring either. (= I scratched Riley with it when he was a baby and I just don't wear it much anymore. (=

Well, that's all my rambling for now. Congrats again!
Shena (=

9:53 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Adorable.. gonna have to check out her site.

And my package - oh my! It was so thoughtful and just the cutest! I shreiked with delight as I opened it. :) Totally made my day! You're the best!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that necklace! I've seen Lisa's work and I agree about it's simplicity + elegance. :) I'm already thinking about the holidays...

How are you feeling these days? At least cooler weather is here! Thank goodness for fall in the midwest! :)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home