URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Stroller Quilt

8.21.2007

Stroller Quilt



Yeah..it's hot outside and I'm making big freaking thick blankets for our stroller. The logic in that is lost on me too, folks. I guess I just like to stay productive. (or wishful of cooler weather)

We got a new bike-trailer for Kenzie, who was exceeding the poundage on our ride-a-long bike seats. The trailer also transforms into the lightest stroller I've ever pushed!! I tend to do a lot more walking and biking when it's cooler outside. And Ms. Kenzie usually requires a blanket. So...now I'm ready.

We also do a lot of camping (or used to in California anyway). I made sure that this also fit our camping chairs. For snuggling up around the campfires... It'll keep those tooties nice and warm.



I used the brilliant "peek-a-boo-bunting" tutorial offered in the margin at Joybucket. I adjusted it according to my stroller/chair dimensions, so that it's big-kiddo-double-stroller-sized. This quilt is THICK, and I probably wouldn't recommend (or try) that thickness again - as it made button holes absolute bloody hell. Yet, the quilt will suit it's purpose. And, it's damn cute to boot. Not to mention that I used an old piece of textile art that had been sitting around for awhile!



The quilt ties at top, to keep it from slipping down. For Kenzie, it works well tied one one side, and tucked under her little armpits. The bottom of the quilt, folds -&- buttons into a bit of a pocket for the insertion of the kiddo's feet. Great tutorial!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

oh! it's very cute!

and good for you to be PREPARED. hell, good for you to do anything. i haven't done nothin'.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute. and practical. someday.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

i saw that same titorial and am dying to try it! yours is beyond cute! your babe is going to love it!

8:40 PM  
Blogger beki said...

How great is that? Love it!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

Wonderful. Wish I would have thought of it when I my kids were little!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Katrine said...

Very cute! I love it.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

Looks like the machine is going and creative energy is flowing. Lots of cute stuff has been posted since my last visit. Lots!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I have that same tute printed out and on my list! Great job. So cute. :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kristen Borland said...

that's so stinkin' cute!!! i love the fabric!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

So beautiful. You'll have to make a man-ly one if Kenzie gets her brudder. ;)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home