URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Less is more?

8.02.2007

Less is more?

I've had this jacket on my brain for awhile. (this photo "borrowed" from Gap):
My Mom took Kenzie shopping not too long ago and we really liked all the new styles at Gap, sporting the "handmade" look. We did purchase a few of these goodies, but I became obsessed with doing the jacket - MYSELF. (I sound like a toddler, eh?)

The thing is...I can't find a plain jean jacket anywhere! So, I tripped over this one on the clearance rack at Wal-mart of all places for !!$3.00!! I still want to mimic the art on the jean jacket too, but I guess I'll have to be patient and wait until it's jean jacket season to buy one.

MY BARGAIN "BEFORE SHOT":


This little jacket was pretty cute all by itself. But, I jazzed it up with some ribbon trim and a little embellishment on the back. I intended to add some embroidery, but it's sat like this for a few days. Kenzie loves it, and now I'm inclined to leave it alone. That way the two jackets will have two distinct personalities, once I accomplish the Gap Blue-Jean Jacket Hack Job!

THE BARGAIN "AFTER SHOT":


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

cute! and three bucks!

and am i the only one that totally snubs retail stuff that looks handmade but isn't handmade?

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like yours better than the Gap version!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

that kills me! we checkd out the new gap stuf anf really liked it as well. and did you see that they are selling little chuck taylor's? got the wee man a brown pair. too much cuteness for his little feet!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh my, your creation is so cute.... I love it!

6:52 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

COME ON! You are killing me with your thriftiness and creativity. I just LOVE this!

4:10 PM  
Blogger beki said...

ACK!! I love it!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

ADORABLE! Your's is WAYYYY better!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

ADORABLE! Your's is waaayyyy better!!!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cute. I bet she looks very cool in it!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home