URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Baby Gifts

8.13.2007

Baby Gifts

As mentioned, there are quite a few babies eagerly expected. This is the start of a long line of gifts I'm putting together. The goodies were given to Amy this past weekend at a most excellent bloggy get together aka: surprise baby shower. The get together was again hosted at the beautiful home of Jenny. Gawd, I want her home in a bad way.



Don't know why I insisted on reinventing the wheel. I designed my own pattern for these, knowing full well that they existed somewhere. The pattern I designed for the bib was a copy of one of my favorites from Kenzie was a drooler. The shoes are a near-copy of some Robees shoes that we have a few zillion pairs of. When I got stumped by how to work the elastic, I hunted down Stardust shoes' tutorial and mimicked her approach. And then noticed, that there wasn't much different about my shoes at all. Hmnnn. Could have saved some time and curse words. :)



I made my own patchwork fabric using scraps borrowing Molly Chicken's idea , which I've used a good many times. Fabric like this just looks so cute and kid-like to me.



And, because I'm the tutu lady.. I did one of those too. I kept envisioning the ensemble on a naked pudgy baby during a photo shoot.
Practical? No.
Cute? Of course.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

The tutu is really fabulous!! I also love the shoes and bib but the tutu made me grin from ear to ear!! Great gift!

1:26 PM  
Blogger beki said...

C-ute!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to see the photos from that photo shoot!!!

Your gifts were gorgeous, Stacy!

2:29 PM  
Blogger superminx said...

You sure have some lucky friends there, Stacy. And your photos! they look like something out of a magazine. Seriously!

3:07 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

wowza. That is so darned cute! And thanks for the great bib idea. I'm stealing it. (Don't look.)

3:44 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Such fun meeting you. I LOVED your gifts. I want Jenny's house, too. I'm so "borrowing" some of her decorating.

Cheers! LA

8:07 PM  
Blogger k said...

are those your tutus at lauren alexandra? cause my daughter has quite the collection. we're all about tutus around here.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

What a lovely gift to give a new little one! Love the colours and YES the Tutu is TDF!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

What beautiful baby gifts!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your gifts! Those shoes were adorable. It was fun to meet you!

9:10 AM  
Blogger amy h said...

What great photos you took of these! I love everything you made. The colors are great!

I'll have to see if I can wrangle that photo session out of this baby. I'm hoping this one will let me dress her up more than Elise does. Elise is not the girly girl. :)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to post a comment for awhile but my computer time has been limited...husband accidently chainsaw'ed the main internet cable -- oops.

Anyway, your work is so so cute. I love it.
Susan

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home