URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Crafting with Kenzie

7.11.2007

Crafting with Kenzie

Onward into summer, it appears that we need at least a craft project per day now that it's blazing hot outside. We've got an arsenal of craft supplies, on the ready.

For The place where little and big art meet we had much begging to do another collage. Each week, I keep wondering when we might waver from the animal theme. Not this week. A "rhinoceros" she said. "Oh, and some flowers."



Painting and each flower handstuck by Kenzie. Wonky Rhino, who's missing a horn by Mama.



And some handmade critters of the foam variety. This time, we (I) managed to get all the body parts in the right place.

I do have some real crafting going on too...but it's progressing painfully slowly. After earmarking several tutorials and proceeding without caution on each of them -- I of course, make really stupid mistakes early on. Take shirring a shirt for example: it is indeed KEY to use long stitches as the instructions clearly warrant. Except I tend to read the tutorial, wait 2wks.. to perhaps ..7 months before starting the project - and forget such excellent advice. I get frustrated, walk away -- and start something else.
Hmnn.
Perhaps I should stick to kid crafts for awhile....

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Relentless Toil said...

I really am totally awed by these. They're SO lovely (as is everything you do -- can that shirred shirt be so bad? You will find a way to reclaim it!)

6:44 AM  
Blogger beki said...

You and Kensie are cranking out some lovely things. I love ya'lls stuff!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

you gals are so creative! i screwed up the shirred shirt the first time too! almost finished. i made some dumb mistakes. go figure. not really bend the rules sewing...screw up the whole flippin thing sewing!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful! And look how proud she is :-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Look how creative she is!

Linda

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home