URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: C-R-E-E-P-Y

6.07.2007

C-R-E-E-P-Y

In my last post I mentioned that my daughter and I had done some art together which resulted in my new banner. That same day, she also did this piece that left some really interesting impressions. We were painting on glass inserts taken out of an old french door, and she really loved smooshing the paint all about it and the texture that resulted. As did I. It's really pretty cool all by itself.

Anyway. She had asked if we could "please make a helmet and a guy on a bicycle".... I didn't have time to revisit the idea, nor did I have any frickin' clue how I'd pull that off using pieces of junk, like we did with the lion project. So, onward with the point:
Tonight, when playing with my new Wacom tablet thingy (which I LOVE), I opened a random picture to mess around with. I accidentally chose the shot of the glass she'd made.

Now, I'm not good with pencils. I'm also very clumsy with this tablet thing. But, within the texture -- was totally an accidental guy with a helmet on. He's odd looking, but HE IS THERE.



I'm very peeved at myself for not realizing that I should have made a copy of the image before I drew on it.
I swear!!, that I only followed the texture that was already there. I just drew in the black lines with the "pencil" tool in photoshop.

I will take another picture of the glass piece to prove it. Why? I dunno. It just totally creeped me out.
I'm off to Wakarusa tomorrow! Let the adult fun begin....

***edited to add: Below is the "blank slate" from which I drew the bike helmet guy from. Do you see "him" too? :) Or, is this just the work of a warped mind? I see him right here:

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooooky.

Have SO much fun this weekend! (I am jealous.)

9:54 AM  
Blogger amy h said...

Have a fun weekend!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh ... that IS creepy!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

love the banner and the texture on that is beautiful! bit creepy however.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GASP! I totally see him!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Shena Leonard said...

That is so cool - it's amazing the things kids can see and imagine.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home