URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: The place where big and Little art meet

5.24.2007

The place where big and Little art meet

I've been whining about not having time aside from tutu creations, to play around with more artful stuff. A wonderful solution fell right into my lap while stalking my usual blogs.

I've enjoyed Holli Conger's Illustration blog for a long, (many years long), while. I adore her style. I bought a piece for a baby shower once - and the whimsy and creativity that jumps off her site(s) is just so inspiring. She started "Woogie Wednesday," a joint art project with her daughter using found "junk" to create an artwork with her gal. I stepped out of stalker mode and mentioned that I'd like to mimic the process with my daughter. I meant it, and was so thrilled when she set up the following:



This morning, Kenzie and I have embarked on our first piece together. Since, it would be inappropriate to use my sewing machine with K, and I was originally a painter....and.... I just envision the junk-a-doodles as being a collaborative process that will actually work for K and I - I've implemented Holli's approach in our own work. Perhaps we'll broaden the scope as we move forward in this, if I can figure out how to do it - safely & sanely.

I've already learned a lot about not selecting too many "junks," how the color pallette narrows as her paints blend together, and how to remain vigilant that my entire breakfast nook doesn't become part of the artwork. I also learned that the phone WILL ring when the two of us are covered in paint. Sigh. I'll finish putting our first contribution together later today, and then will be share it here, there, and practically everywhere.

I may be assuming incorrectly, but this is a !!blast!! and I would think it may be highly appealing to most of you mama's frequenting my blog. Visit: the place where big and little art meet to participate. Directions to sign up - are on the side bar.

Later today, I'll unveil our "lion in a flower jungle." Kenzie's first choice was Strawberry Shortcake (don't know where that came from as we haven't ever watched it, don't have any toys of it, etc. Maybe she meant a slice of cake. I dunno, but was thrilled when she said "No wait. A lion. In a jungle. A flower jungle.")

Well, ok! Let's get started! (before you change your mind!)
...This is gonna be great fun...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Java Mama said...

Wow - you continue to amaze & exhaust me! Not sure how you do it all (how much coffee do you drink on any given day??). What a great idea. I followed your link to see Holli's projects & they are adorable. I can't wait to see what you & Ms. Kenzie have created. I am scared to sign up just yet, but I am thinking this will be a great project for us to start in our new place. Thanks for sharing.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

oh how exciting is that?! i am going to have to check this out!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like an exciting project... I'm looking forward to seeing the results!
I believe I may be one of the cheerleaders you mentioned in a previous post. I have left you comments here and there... but I do not have a blog of my own. I have often thought of starting one but right now I am certainly enjoying reading them! So many inspiring people out there. I am a stay at home mom with three children- ages 8, 6, and almost 3. mjpurdy(at)stny(dot)rr(dot)com

1:17 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Sounds interesting, I'm going to check it out!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home