URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Revisiting an old project

11.12.2006

Revisiting an old project

I've got another doll in the works. It's a rather labor intensive, creative, and multi-dimensional piece. I'm excited to see how she turns out. I came up with the idea at the library. Kenzie's gonna love her.

However, I've digressed from her production with the lovely weather we've had the past few days. Suddenly, I got the bug to finally empty my garage of the stacked chairs and get them fit for the breakfast nook. These chairs are now paired with the table that I refinished earlier this summer. It's late at night, and the chairs still need several layers of polyacrylic finish...but I'm so thrilled with them.


They are boring style, and were even a more boring color. Now they are antique RED stained, a color which doesn't quite show true in the picture - but they look great. They are an exact match (by accident) to a painting we have in the great room, which adjoins the nook and kitchen.

I still have another chair to go, but we're currently using Kenzie's toddler chair where it will go. I also have a table leaf that is partially done - to accomplish as well. Not to mention the layers of Poly-stuff which will give the chairs a wee bit of shine. Then, I loved the colored stain so well...I want to do a Gi-mongous cabinet that's also sitting in my garage...to be added to our dining room. Oh, if only there were a few weeks of lovely weather left. I'm just catching my second wind on this project and it'll be too cold to turn the kid loose and sand, sand, sand....

If you're the type to look closely - and notice the gawd awful wallpaper. Don't worry. It's gonna go. We're redoing the kitchen soon and I'll be tackling that then. :)

And that dolly -- she's gonna be "The old woman who swallowed a fly!" Stay tuned...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chairs look great! I love that color of red.

4:58 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Hey, that table looks very much like my table! I love what you've done with the chairs, nice job.

Good luck with all your projects. I can't wait to see your doll.

Maybe when you re-do your kitchen it will inspire me to do mine. Ours is in a sorry state.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home