URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Feeling loopy

3.23.2007

Feeling loopy



Tree Fall has a most wonderful lamp shade that she embellished with a modge-podge of fabrics. I decided that my daughters room might need one, since it's taken on a pretty spirited Oilily kind of feel. So, I proceeded to not follow Treefall's excellent directions and use the materials I had on hand.

Um, this stuff is baaaaaaaaaaaaad.
My head is kind of up in the clouds, and I can't say the wing-it approach that I took with cutting and matching the fabrics makes any sense. But, it was the best I could do given my loopy-drugged state.

We'll see if I can "save" this little project with some stitches around each square...and trim at the top and bottom.

But, I wouldn't recommend this spray adhesive stuff for anyone - unless you have a bunch of spare brain cells, that is. I sprayed outdoors, but still inhaled more than my share of fumes (one HAS to breath every once in awhile, you know??). And the residual fumes that linger on the shade even when the stuff is "dry." Well, Pheeeew!

**I'll have to return to this post later and insure that I made sense. Seriously, I'm cashed!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

i love the prints, but i have to say i am sooooooo glad to see that i'm not the only one who screws up a project every now and then! i am sure yu will fix it and it will be awesome. hope you are coming down from your high!

3:29 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Hee hee hee. Now that is a crafting high!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home