URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Hi, I'm Stacy...and I'm a blog-aholic.....

10.26.2005

Hi, I'm Stacy...and I'm a blog-aholic.....

Generally, I do something creative in the evenings after Kenzie goes to bed ~ but lately I couldn’t face the fabric bomb that I seemingly detonate throughout my house whenever I get crafty. Fabric, pins, machines, scissor, beads, & more fabric everywhere!!! Instead, I have been mindlessly wandering the internet. Oh. My. Gawd. There is a wealth of eye candy handmade goods, witty people, (and even senseless trash) out there! It’s like a spider web of possibility...I’m trapped, wandering each web connection, and (sigh) I -don’t think- I want to escape!

I used to limit myself to a daily blog route of 10 favorites on my Explorer Link Bar. I’d conduct my tour looking for new posts over a morning coffee, while on a mind-numbing phone call, or maybe while cooking dinner. This week, I discovered Bloglines.com – where you can subscribe to your favorite blog feeds. No longer must I ..wander.. to each site to see if there is a new post. Bloglines indicates when there is new material on the sites I’ve subscribed to. And, since they’ve made it so easy – this here Junkie proceeded right on out for more “fixes.”

Since my high school girlfriend, Cindy, is probably not afraid of being a skapegoat, I’m pinning the blame on her. She clued me in to dooce.com, which I still read. My gosh, that Heather is a fascinating ball o’ fire!! I’d tripped on a few other artists sites/diaries before that, and from the exhausting link list on the left – one might assume that I’m fairly experienced at wasting time online. I thought I had safeguards in place to keep that under control (i.e. the 10 blog rule) – but bloglines just enabled the addict. Bloglines has Pushed. Me. Over. The. Edge. I mean, I have a Master’s in Counseling for cripes sakes. I can realize impulse control issues where they exist. Chuckle, chuckle.

One of these days I shall most definitely do a little house-keeping in my link column and give some credit to these girls. Amazing women who do what I love to do – often times, so much better than me. I glean inspiration from some, like the parenting views of others, and I’m happy calling the rest – my imaginary friends. I’ve swapped handmade items and comments with few, and by golly, some have even ogled my creations and/or darling toddler!

Fascinating finds...
Bird in the Hand
A girl who creates
Angry Chicken
Bella Dia
Bella Blue
Chunky Monkey
Craftlog
Epinion
Flutterby
Hop Skip Jump
Littlest Flower
Mollychicken
Nikki-Shell
Rock-Paper-Scissors
Run girl. Run.
SouleMama
tag sale tales
Rubber-Sol
and..there's...more...

Also, some folks (thanks MollyChicken and Chunky Monkey) have informed me that my comments section was unfriendly to non-bloggers. I have opened up comment capabilities to anyone. So, feed my addiction with more inspirational sites....say hi....or just admit you’re lurking here. (yes, I know there are readers...or perhaps just one avid follower who visits 62 times a day?? he..he..)

If that’s the case, I guess we both need to be referred straight to a good blog-aholics group.....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog. I read lots of blogs. I am also a blogaholic. My blogreader of choice is Mozilla Thunderbird. I have loads of feeds and my email all in one place. I watch you when you post, I see your photos... oh my gawd... I'm even scaring myself now :-( I do like my daily dose of inspiration from the web though... I'm so inspired I like to get inspired more, so much so that I never get around to making anything all those inspirations have inspired me to make. OK. I'm dizzy now. goodnight! :-) BTW - I always have to increase my font size when I read your blog in Firefox - am I just getting old, or what? BTW II - I'm in Australia which is why it looks like I posted this at 5:00am... I'm not *that* much of a blogaholic.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Hi Superminx! :) I'm trying to figure out the font size issue for you. I've changed it in the template and it looks bigger and then it seemingly reverts back to tiny type when I open a new window. Hmnnn... It looks fine on one of my computers and itsy bitsy on another though - so maybe it's specific to the viewer? (Ironically, when I view your site -it's in itsy bitsy type too). I'm not so good with the Html stuff though, so I'll play around with it. I will check out Mozilla Thunderbird tonight. Thanks!

Looks like no other readers are ready to admit their blog-addiction however... ~S

2:54 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for including me. I'm honored. If you'd like another blog to read about me, not that I'm self absorbed or anything. I actually started this one first then started the Run girl one.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/itsswoop/

I don't post any crafty stuff on it. It's mostly about my life and being a multi-racial family.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home