I've finished and framed a few textile art pieces. Below, is the final ladybug art done for Kenzie's room.... (Her room has several hand painted bugs on the walls), and the fabric I used were remnants left over from the baby bedding that Nana B. designed for her.
The detail get's a bit washed out when the photo is taken through the shadowbox glass. Below is the unframed version, where it is a bit easier to make out the stitching details, wire embellishments, etc.
And this is the framed and final product of a baby shower gift. (I don't have any unframed photos).
This relief will hopefully blend with the theme of the little guys nursery. Happy crabs, fish, and other seaworld creatures are the theme of the nursery, this relief, and the shower extravaganza. The sky is a wonky little quilt creation. Each additional element has been layered on so that they stand out a wee bit, which is not apparent in the pictures.
Both reliefs are made out of fabric, with thin cardboard backing. Buttons, embroidery stitching, and wire are the only embellishments.